- Finely chop the chilli, garlic and ginger. Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or vegetable oil) in a deep pan, wok or pot. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli – fry until aromatic.
- Add fish stock and coconut milk – bring to the boil.
- While the stock and coconut milk is heating up, prepare the veg. Veg should be sliced into rounds or batons.
- Add all the veg except the spring onion.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the fish, allow to simmer for another minute.
- Add the prawns and simmer for 45 seconds (the prawns should be turning pink but will continue to cook while you finish off the dish).
- Remove from heat, top with spring onion and fresh coriander.
- Test for seasoning – add salt, fish sauce and a good squeeze of lemon or lime.
The prawns are not shelled so you can remove the shell before you cook or, if you like to eat the shells – cook them as is.
The little red chillies are quite strong so adjust how many you use according to your taste.