Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions constitute the agreement between you (“the customer”) and us (“Ocean Jewels”).
2. When you interact with our website, place orders, checkout, pay or accept these terms and conditions you are interacting/contracting with Ocean Jewels.
3. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Any such amendments are deemed to be of full force and effect immediately upon their being published on our website. Your continued use of the Ocean Jewels website implies your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in their current and amended form.
4. You indicate your acceptance of the most recent and current version of these Terms and Conditions by, inter alia, visiting our website (www.oceanjewels.co.za), navigating through the site, placing an order and concluding an agreement of sale via the site.
5. Your order is completed only once you have placed a check in the checkbox confirming “I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions” clicked the “Submit” button at the end of the Checkout process
6. An agreement of sale of the Goods only comes into effect when payment for Goods is received by Ocean Jewels in its designated bank account.
7. If, for whatever reason we deem it necessary to cancel an order, which we may do in our sole and exclusive discretion and at any time, we will refund to you any money that you have paid to us in respect of that order. You may instruct us to credit your account.
8. Placing one or more items in your cart does not constitute an order.
9. While items are in your cart, prices and/or stock availability may change. We can therefore not be held liable if one or more items are no longer available or their prices have changed by the time you complete the checkout process.
10. Ocean Jewels will offer customers a credit for any weight loss for goods ordered with an associated Rand per Kilogram price, where the weight of the pack received is less than 10% of the pack weight ordered on the Website.
11. You may cancel your order by email no later than 9am the morning of the delivery.
12. Payment by Yoco (debit and credit card), EFT, Snapscan or direct deposit into our bank account are the only payment methods available.
13. You are required to:
13.1 Use your full name as “Recipient reference” for your payment;
13.2 Email us proof of payment as soon as payment is made, which will allow us to allocate your payment correctly.
14. Payment is considered to be complete only when the amount due in respect of each order reflects on our bank statement and we have been able to allocate the same to the correct order.
PRICING AND STOCK AVAILABILITY
15. Owing to the fact that Ocean Jewels sources its product offering from a variety of suppliers whose own businesses are subject to various economic factors, we cannot guarantee price stability, although we will use our best endeavours to mitigate the effects of price fluctuation.
16. While products are in your cart, any price adjustments that are applied to the products on our website will be applied to the items in your cart.
17. We will at all times endeavour to ensure the accuracy of the prices of items displayed on our website. However, it is a manual process and, due to ongoing price fluctuations and the need for continuous management of the prices in the database, errors may occur. We are furthermore dependent on our suppliers’ information regarding pricing and are, therefore, exposed to the possibility of innocent mistakes on their side. In the event that an bona fide error is made with the price of one or more items on the website (whether or not those items form part of the contents of a trolley or even a completed order), we shall not be liable or obligated to sell the said product/s at the incorrect price and reserve the right to make the necessary corrections as soon as we become aware of them.
18. In the event of incorrect pricing or where suppliers’ stock depletes unexpectedly, we reserve our right to cancel your affected order/s in whole or in part and undertake to refund any advance payment/s you have made in respect thereof.
19. We make no warranty, express or implied, as to stock availability due to our dependence upon our own suppliers. Especially in the case of produce that is sourced from local fishermen, there is an inherent element of unpredictability. Notwithstanding that we will monitor stock movement and endeavour at all times to ensure availability of stock, in particular more popular items, we cannot guarantee stock availability.
20. You will be mailed the morning of the delivery with the approximate delivery times There may be circumstances where delivery is delayed due to circumstances which are unfortunately beyond our control, such a high traffic volumes and or bad weather conditions.
21. If there is no answer at your delivery address, the driver will try to contact you on the number you have provided. If we can’t get hold of you we have to move to the next stop and your goods will be returned to the deli. You will still be liable for the cost of the delivery and the order.
22. You may collect your order from our Woodstock branch or Muizenberg collection point.
23. You are required to note carefully which delivery option you select during the Checkout process, which will furthermore be confirmed in the order confirmation email that you receive after you successfully place your order.
24. Collection of your order in due course is your responsibility. In the event that your goods are not collected from the designated collection point, you agree and understand that this may have implications for our ability to refund your money, reschedule delivery and/or replace goods that may have perished due to non-collection. Despite our intention to make every endeavour to accommodate our customers, we cannot be held liable for loss occasioned by non-collection of completed orders.
COMPLIMENTS, COMPLAINTS, FEEDBACK
25. Your feedback is always welcome, you are requested to do so by direct e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
26. These Terms and Conditions are not intended to, nor do they, detract from your rights as a consumer under any law in effect in the Republic of South Africa