Traditionally I would save these summery treats for the warmer months but as Tuna is still in season, the price reasonable and the quality excellent I can’t resist. We are, after all, having some wonderful warm days with thankfully, no Southeaster. My whole family gets involved in the cutting, wrapping and preparing of these scrumptious fresh wraps – they’re so easy and fun to make! They’re also healthy, delicious to eat, and make an appetizing starter, snack or light lunch.
Fresh Yellowfin Tuna Rice Paper Wrap
Makes 12 portions
2 x 200 g Yellowfin Tuna steaks
1/2 cup soya sauce
1 avocado, cut into strips
1/2 cucumber, cut into logs of about 6 cm long
1 red pepper, cut into strips
2 spring onions, cut down the middle and into lengths of about 6cm long
12 rice paper wraps
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
small bunch dhania (fresh coriander)
3 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely sliced
- Dip the Yellowfin Tuna into soya sauce.
- Sear in a little oil on a very high heat for about 30 seconds a side.
- Slice steaks into 1cm stripssLay the rice paper wrap in warm water for 10 seconds.
- Remove, place on plate (it will soften as you work with it).
- Position the Tuna and cut up vegetables in the center lower half of wrap.
- Top with pickled ginger.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander.
- Fold the bottom half of the wrap over the filling.
- Fold the sides of the wrap over the filling.
- Roll up tightly, and serve immediately.
Order Yellowfin Tuna from Ocean Jewels today! Visit our online shop.