- Dry the tubes and tentacles, cut into rings.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan – it must be super hot not smoking.
- Sear the calamari in batches for 1 minute. I suggest dividing the pack into 5.
- Season with plenty of salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Place 6 cups of the stock and all the squid ink in a large pot, stir to combine and heat.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic and fry slowly until cooked.
- Add the rice, stir to coat and cook for 2 minutes.
Increase the heat and add a cup of wine, if using. Cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Begin adding the hot stock 1 and 1/2 cups at a time – cook while stirring until all the liquid has evaporated and the rice is al dente.
- Add the calamari and stir in the parsley.
2 cubs Arborio rice
1.5l fish stock
5 packs squid ink
Pantry items not in kit
Dry white wine